Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Fanta injection?
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
So that wouldn't work here. Sea-Tac was 90 degrees (32C) on Thursday. Today only 65 degrees (18C). During the Seattle summer we'd be switching from Fanta to Fanta Grape every other day!

Posted on: 2009/6/6 19:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not sure about the Fanta brake fluid....................

Posted on: 2009/6/6 23:50

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Christchurch. NZ
Group:
Registered Users
I can't believe people are still taking about this. lol

Posted on: 2009/6/7 0:17

Guest_
i gave up on fanta injection, it turned my car into the color of fanta.

im now using A&W root beer. Its the only way i will get one

Nah the lpg has better burn ratios with the other soft drinks out there, was thinkging of importing some of the cocaine red bull cola that was banned in germany, to win the turkish GP tonight.

Posted on: 2009/6/7 9:42

From Coondle, WA Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I think that the varied responses from around the world that we have already seen demonstrate the power of Fanta. Even with extensive R&D, the results can be unpredictable. Wield the power of Fanta and be prepared for an intresting time...

Posted on: 2009/6/7 12:14
(http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php...

Guest_
maybe i should switch to solo, get rid of those man cans?Open in new window

Posted on: 2009/6/8 11:35

Home away from home
From New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

levey wrote:
Whooh, this topic is out there!
Good to see a joke last this long, I wonder if the original post was a joke or not!

it was no joke, hardcase, 10 years and it is still as "HOT" a topic on here as it has been to me out here!
my first experiments were with a window washer bottle, and a switch sellotaped to the dash, a window washer nozzel was glued to a hole that was drilled in the top of the datsuns aircleaner cover, the cover was painted "flame orange" of course, to ensure it slipped under the "DLF" radar, i painted the the rocker cover "flame orange" also, another trick to decoy the "DLF" is to leave the fuel flap open as when they are tailing you you can pick them by their frustration of an imperfect rear profile, but enough on that. back to the main topic, my intiial findings were exciting, at WOT full load i would flick the switch, the engine power would begin to die off, perfect, not only will my engine go harder once i had perfected it, but i had accidently stumbled upon promising engine braking/retardation results. no more wasting $22nz dollers every 2 years on brake pads. next i thought maybe the switch was flowing too much current to the relay operating the washer motor/fanta injection pump, therefore allowing the motor to pump too much fanta, so i fitted a smaller switch, which strangly made no difference, you would think that a smaller switch=less flow, ah well we experiment to learn, thats the beauty of cutting edge tests like these.
after trying a "decoy carburetter" with an arrow & sign pointing to it (sign said: all air, in here) to trick the air into going into the correct carburetter, as we all know how stubborn air can be sometimes, trying to get it into an engine can be a real PITA! so i performed this test along with the usual suspects, such as: intercooling the rocker cover, mono-rockergear-scoop, intake manifold breathers, remote aircleaner, stripped out water pump, cross drilled water galleries, spark plug resting, but none had the same "seat of your pants" results as the initial fanta injection tests, now, if injecting fanta dropped the power, surly un-injecting it would gain power? correct? yes. the theory sounded good, the science was rock solid, a can of opened fanta was tied to the exhaust near the tip, i used a special 5.5inch tip to ensure test consistancy. i tied it with 30lb nylon fishing line through the lift up tab, next, i conected a vacume pump to the previously drilled hole in the air cleaner top cover, there i also placed a full opened can of fanta to encourage the fanta to "flow" to its mates, people go where people are, therefor, fanta shall flow towards other groups of fanta, rock solid science, the local "te mata peak" hill climb was to be the test, i had conected the vacume pump to a "WOT" switch, and about the 4th hard "WOT" pull, the car behind me flashed its lights 4 or 5 times, im picking they could see orange smoke? test compleated, i returned to find not only had the process melted the 30lb nylon, but the un-injection had drawn in the empty can also!!! i checked under the bonett and found signs of excess fanta leaking all over the engine, the cupith was fullith, so to speak, seat of the pants during the drive told me it was definatly working, no power drop offs, all felt normal, so where to from here? i didnt have much room around the exhaust area, so i really had to stick with making the injection work, rather than chase un-injection dreams, so working on the proven N*A*N*A(not all naturally aspirated) principal, where usually 2 of the 4 cylinders are turbo/supercharged, the other 2 are N/A, i decided to drill and tap a 1/8npt thread above cylinders 2&3, i connected my origional injection system up to them and once again, off i went, at WOT there was approximatly 1/2 the engine power loss as before, bingo, the N*A*N*A principal definatly is the direction i needed to head down, but first, i had another idea, pre-aircleaner induction cooling, i sourced a high flow intercooler and plumbed it inline between the intake and the aircleaner housing, so all air was drawn through it, nice, then i opened a 2.25L bottle of fanta, needed the volume here lads, posistioned it above the intercooler on a pivot and used 30lb nylon fishing line to hold it in place, next i ran the tension of the line down to the accelerator pedal and secured it, then i sellotaped a razor blade to the underside of the pedal, so when i put my foot down for WOT/full load, the razor would cut the 30lb line, allowing the bottle to swing down, giving the intercooler a full charge of cooling nectar, fantastic. so here i was, no bonnett, 50mph down the straight, saving the WOT for... hold it... hold... hold... NOW!!! bloody fanta everywhere! and i couldnt wash it off my windscreen as i had used the washer resivour for previous tests, so back for a wash before the DLA infringed me for the non factory orange windscreen tint! the 155x12's were pushed pretty hard all the way home! it was then that i decided, who am i to decide when my engine needs fanta injection? surly my engine can decide for itsself? its old enough isnt it? hell, its older than me! so i always leave a full can of fanta in the engine bay, no matter what i drive, sometimes i jump in the vehicle and it feels a bit better and perkier than yesterday? i kinow what its sipping on, heading back from a hunt and every other vehicle is stopped by the snow? fanta keeps you moving, you just got passed like you were standing still? bet you hes running a fanta system, i have seen a couple of systems on here where the owner has hollowed out his unneeded HT ignition leads, turned them into injection rails, and has a can of fanta in the place of the coil, excellent, that is what it is about, as there are 3 things in life you can rely on for performance, old datsuns, new datsuns and fanta.

Posted on: 2010/1/10 10:49

From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Damn Chris Lott is back! I thought we'd never see you again!
What have you been busy doing?

Posted on: 2010/1/10 10:52

Home away from home
From New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
hey mate :) not sure if thats a good DAMN or a bad DAMN haha, it has been all go, working hard, im working out of napier now, still heavy diesel, married, children, pig hunting, all the usual suspects, have been looking for another coupe the last couple of years, all my spares are still here :) have looked at a few (7) sedans, but my heart is with the mini muscle car ah :) something for hill climbs and maybe oneday a targa? same goal as always :) i have a doublecab 1988 Datsun Navara, had to get a nz new one as the rest are Nissans :) its got the mighty TD23 in it, which i turbocharged, its gone from 25km/h over the hills up the napier-taupo road to 85+ :) and thats with 5+dogs! all action front :) about the worst thing that has gone wrong was a burst fanta can when i had it cable tied to the injector pipes. have a pic of my old 1200 coupe in the family album and my wife cant beleave i ever sold it :) how about yourself?

Posted on: 2010/1/10 11:11

From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Not much changed, all of us are older... Got married and a kid. Still got my Datsuns safely tucked away, have come close to selling up a couple of times. My sedan project occurred from 2000-2005 (1000s of hours effort). Drove it sydney to melbourne and back in 2007. Basically sitting in parents garage on a trickle charger ever since then due to work and family, and me not having my own large garage to work on the car during evenings. Can't have everything it seems ..at least I still have the Datsun.

I hope to spend some getting the last niggling things sorted during my long service leave after Oct 2010.

Posted on: 2010/1/10 11:24

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.