Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: retro Nissan IDX concept
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
remedial vocabulary 101: Cue: noun a hint; intimation; guiding suggestion.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/260954/nissan-idx-channels-datsun-1600-previews-200sx-successor/
Nissan IDx channels Datsun 1600
Quote:

“It’s no doubt a source of inspiration was the [Datsun] 510 [as 1600 was known in some markets] and [old Nissan] Skyline,” Nissan’s division general manager responsible for product strategy and advanced planning, Francois Bancon, told CarAdvice at the show.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/57718/nissan-idx-nismo-concept-revealed-at-tokyo-motor-show
Quote:
... of course heavily inspired by Nissan's rich history of two-door models, including the hugely popular 510 Bluebird of the 60s and 70s, know here as the Datsun 1600..
There's a touch of the classic 'Hakosuka' Skyline coupe in the IDx's design, too. Really, you could sink hours into finding familiar features in this new concept's classic look.
In the case of the Nismo concept, there's also a colour scheme that will be instantly recognisable to fans, evoking memories of the legendary Team BRE 510 race car...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/tokyo2013/nissan-idx-datsun-510-skyline
Quote:
The Nissan IDx is Tokyo's surprise RWD homage to the Datsun 510
A cult classic in the making, if it gets made.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2013/11/19/news-the-datsun-510-is-reborn/
Quote:
NEWS: Nissan’s IDx Freeflow is the Datsun 510 reborn

Of course the whole world could be wrong and Nissan are really building a retro homage to Fiat/Toyota/Corvette. The 131 Arbath came 8 years after the 510 btw, and looks all but identical.

I see alot of SP311 Silvia in the profile of the freeflow version as well. But I realise how crazy it is to suggest Nissan might be taking inspiration from their own 60s and 70s machines. I'm just not outside the sqaure enough I guess!

Posted on: 2013/11/21 1:33

Edited by L18_B110 on 2013/11/21 3:10:01

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Open in new window

Open in new window

IDX front end has the 510's slight dip in the middle of the bonnet, and a flat upright front like the 510 rather than the pointy backward sloped front of the Corona. The profiles of the two are remarkably similar. Why attribute inspiration to other marques that look remarkably like 510s???

Posted on: 2013/11/21 1:47

Edited by L18_B110 on 2013/11/21 3:23:10
Edited by L18_B110 on 2013/11/21 3:48:35

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
That proves that people listen to Nissan marketers. Which 510 cues do you see in it?

Posted on: 2013/11/21 1:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From A-TOWN
Group:
Registered Users
looks like a 120Y two door sedan

Posted on: 2013/11/21 2:07

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ddgonzal wrote:
That proves that people listen to Nissan marketers. Which 510 cues do you see in it?

I gave some of my thoughts in post #6 on the first page mate.

Posted on: 2013/11/21 3:14

Home away from home
From Logan, QLD
Group:
Registered Users
Rear tail lights, the angles on the rear panel under/around the tail lights remind me of the 510, side on the car looks horrible, and I could see more ta22 or 180b in it, and the front reminds me of something I cannot put my finger on.

I like parts of it, but unless they restyled it fairly dramatically away from the conceptual feel, I'm still going to buy the 86 next year.

Posted on: 2013/11/21 5:52

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
I agree it does have a 120y tudor likeness mixed with 180b/ta22/rt and so many other makes it misses the mark unlike the 240z where it was a heavy borrower from other makes, yet pulled it off beautifully. If it was lightweight, easy to work on (meaning no modern engine bay full of spaghetti wiring and plastic covers, bullet proof reliability, amazing 86/brz beating handling, no stereo :) who needs it right with an awesome sounding engine?! and upgradeable to 2ltr and over with boost then it could have a chance but even some 510 owners have 284-290+hp L series KA hybrids that Nissan should look into. Using mass production they really need to just say lets beat the Honda s2000 hp record for NA 2ltr with a mass produced new version of an LZ in all alloy that revs to 9000+ rpm. Nissan can do it but we will see if they listen to the fans or the bean counters.

BRE want to be version should really retain the twin headlights from the beige base model and both need a tad more chrome.

Posted on: 2013/11/21 13:06

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/11/b ... e-seventies-idx-freeflow/http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/11/bringing-back-the-seventies-idx-freeflow/
Quote:
I initially didn’t know what to make of it. That square, almost flat face with differing surfaces looked alien to anything Nissan has created in the past. But that was before it rotated around on its display, where right at that point it made complete sense. The obvious inspiration had been the Datsun 510… the Nismo version of the IDx didn’t need to wear the BRE letters for those in the know to understand the obvious linkage.
...and that C-pillar detailing which truly links the car back to the 510, wears a Nissan badge.

Posted on: 2013/11/22 0:08

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Time will tell, hope the engine is especial and capable of embarrassing the 86/brz otherwise it will be interesting. The flying feather was a bit different and unique also... halve bike have tuk tuk :)

Posted on: 2013/11/22 2:52

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
no reason it shouldn't have a decent engine if they end up going into production. The Pulsar SSS is getting a 140kw 1.6 turbo, and the NISMO version overseas is getting a 180kw 1.8 turbo. Either of those would do me, and you'd think a sporty RWD coupe would get at least as much power as the sporty versions of their small sedan/hatch. Hopefully the talk of competing with the 86 wi mean the price is similar too. But they have to commit to making it first...

Posted on: 2013/11/22 5:23

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]