Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

nicks 1200 sedan --- rims
Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
hi just wondering if any of you have seen the datsun 1200 race car build [site] Old School.co.nz. projects -- nicks 1200sedan race car.I like the rims and would like to know the name --not the first photo --about 5th,6th --deep dish. I would appre any info on those rims. Sorry i'm no good at bringing photo's over --I'm more old school than most of the cars ha ha [the deep dish with yellow pin stripe.

Posted on: 2015/1/13 18:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: nicks 1200 sedan --- rims
Home away from home
From Geelong, Victoria
Group:
Registered Users
These ones? Not sure what they are.

Attach file:

jpg  P1010484.jpg (44.77 KB)
17122_54b58a5d43303.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/1/13 21:13

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Summit Racing USA has several brands and many sizes of that style of wheel. I was looking into them before deciding on the wheels I just bought. These ones look like the same wheel:
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/aeo-31-184500/overview/

Posted on: 2015/1/13 21:28

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
yes thats correct Elrich -- size is good,colour,and broad.They give the car a nice look, wild,low,strong.Thanks for the transfer of photo's Elrich and L18 b110 thanks for the info [agents]At $75 each it's $300 a set approx 3500 to 4000 a set.plus,plus,plus lets say 6k landed-- not bad --gotta think about it-- oh by the way i liked the build of that chap nick

Posted on: 2015/1/14 12:08

Home away from home
From Christchurch
Group:
Registered Users
Hi sorry don't come on here much. My friend pointed this thread out. They are aero wheels.
http://www.aeroracewheels.com/wheel_pgs/thirty_series.html
Mine are 13x8s with a 3" back spacing. I don't think a 4" back spacing would clear the strut. Might do if not running coil overs. The were very cheap to get in. I got mine a few years ago and the were under $700nzd inc shipping. Which was about 500 cheaper than 13x8 suoerlights at the time. Very impressed with the quality and lightness. They are only bout 6kg which puts them on par with most 13x7/8 alloy wheels.
Cheers Nick

Posted on: 2015/1/14 20:09

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Nick thanks for the info.I just happened to pop in on the old school site cos i saw a photo of your car and the wheels to me are just perfect. I can imagine how that 1200 is gonna sit in a corner--- should be great. I took a good look at your build and yeah it looks nice-- s/thing slightly different but more or less the same as the race-tech datsun 1200 build [rally car][sr20ve motor]. I think your wheel arches are more or less the same--the diffs are different though. I have 2 1200's both fugly light blue-- one with A15 crank and if i remember correctly 79mm opel pistons --on base map it is almost a perfect 100kw --bike throttle bodies etc --The second one i would really like to go bike motor[pref busa]so the idea is to lose weight,as much as possible --so fibreglass bonnet,rear doors,boot lid etc. --rear doors i want just skins and rivets[hidden]and use panel bond [they say chrysler and freightliner use it on their vehicles]Also been watching redline [aussie chap]for fibreglass tips.Yeah i hope to lose quite a bit of weight--at the moment my l/disc say's 715kg so if i can get it down to approx 600--650 max i'll be a happy chappie.Thanks anyway for sharing and good luck with your car.Maybe u should just leave a few photo's for chaps here i think they will enjoy it.Cheers

Posted on: 2015/1/14 20:55

Home away from home
From Christchurch
Group:
Registered Users
I'd love too but the last three years have been so busy with work it's barely been touched. So unfortunately nothing to update really. I like the sound of of your builds. My car is going to be a bit fat I started building it a long time agiy when I didn't no a great deal of anything so there is heaps of stuff that I don't reallylike but oh well. Such is life. Hopefully it will see the light if day sometime. I've owned it nearly ten years and only driven it for about a year :/

Posted on: 2015/1/14 21:21

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
Nick once again thanks for the info. I would just like to return the favour and maybe you can get some ideas maybe improve. Here is the chaps site -- car similar to yours. -- www.madev.co.za/projects/datsun 1200 --- google this and the 1st four that come up is his build [different forms] you just gotta click through the lot.Car is more or less the same only has bmw diff although here in RSA most use alfa lsd or m75 toyota diff.enjoy

Posted on: 2015/1/15 13:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]