Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

NSW modified historic rego
Just can't stay away
From Newcastle, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Was wondering if anyone else has been looking into NSW's new modified historic rego? Also can anyone suggest a good nsw datsun/nissan car Club to inquire with?

Posted on: 2017/1/28 9:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: NSW modified historic rego
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
my datsun 120y is with Sydney Datsun Club for 5 months now

what do you mean by modified ?

Posted on: 2017/1/29 0:31

Home away from home
From Albury
Group:
Registered Users
My understanding of modified historic rego is if it needs to be engineered for full rego it will need to be engineered for modified rego. So still no easy way to shoehorn bigger motors in legally.

Posted on: 2017/1/29 2:29

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
When I first heard about the new log book scheme I was given the impression that it was intended to be more open to allow engineered, modified, vehicles to be club registered.
After reading further, it seems to still aply the same guidelines of that the vehicle has to remain close to original.
My 1200 ute is running 4AGTE with most of the driveline and suspension modified. It is all engineered though.
I wanted to know if there are any car clubs that accept modified vehicles for club rego?

Posted on: 2017/1/30 1:47

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
It might be best to talk to the officer at the Sydney Datsun Club about this. At the Sydney Datsun day there were a few cars on Historic plates that I couldn't understand. These were probably the Modified Historic Plates. If an engineers report is needed, they might have a preferred engineer. A friend has a Hillman Minx on Historic plates, he had to take the mags off it to qualify for the plate. I've got 2 Sunny's I know will need engineering when I reregister them, I'm hoping to get them on Modified Historic plates.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 6:32
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
What is the best way to contact the club? I am following the Sydney Datsun Car Club Facebook page.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 20:42

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
I was going to attend their next meeting in February (first Tuesday every month at Eastern Creek) but I live about 10 minutes away. Bit of a trip from Newcastle. If your looking at their Facebook page, there must be some contact details. A couple of members here are also members, maybe they'll see this. The only clubs I can think of up your way is the MG Car Club of Newcastle or Westlake Auto Club. They both 'should' have Web pages, & being locals, would probably be just as good for you as a Sydney based club. I know a couple of Westlake members, great bunch of people to hang out with.

Posted on: 2017/2/1 5:58
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
I jumped onto Sydney Datsun Club's home page and sent them an email so hopefully I'll hear something back. I noticed they have a central coast cruise in their calendar for the end of Feb. That wouldn't be too far to travel!
I looked i into the MG car club. They do some fun events pretty close to where I live but I wanted to find a club that was made up more of Nissan/Datsun lovers.

Posted on: 2017/2/1 9:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]