Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: B310 SGX-E Wagon build
Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Of course now that I've fixed and refinished the gauge cluster, another one popped up so I was able to get another gauge cluster that had the warning light bar on the bottom. Will probably sell the one I just refinished for what I paid for it.

My wife really wants to buy a 720 pickup for sale locally the guy is having all kinds of problems with the accelerator cable so I don't know if we'll ever end up buying it or not. She just wants a truck with an auto so I am looking more at like a Toyota 4wd truck instead.

I also was able to score a center console but it hasn't arrived yet. I'm mostly scared it won't make the journey intact. It's black so I may have to paint it to match the brown interior.

Posted on: 2017/3/1 12:04

Edited by AFRacer on 2017/3/21 10:18:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Been busy with work, was able to finally find and get ahold of a square eye Sunny wagon/red grille, so now I will be perfectly happy with staying with the square eye front end. A little pricey but it's saved me from buying the entire front end for a round eye to do the swap so it is money saved overall! In fact I've never seen one of these exact ones for sale before so I'm very excited for it. I also bought another gauge cluster that seems to be in much better shape than the one I had...so I will have an extra just in case a gauge is out or something when I install it eventually. Here's a pic of the grille.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2017/3/21 10:28

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Snohomish, WA USA
Group:
Registered Users
Nice. It's always good when you get what you want.

Posted on: 2017/3/21 14:41
Forge CP Pistons/ Eagle Rods
Eaton M62 SC 10 lbs. Boost / 150hp Progressive Nitrous
GM 2 Speed Poweglide/Transbrake 3500 Stall
Ford 8.8 Posi/4.11

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Very nice. The 1981 grille adds the red horizontal line. Basically the 1500/1300 Coupe & GX models

Open in new window

Attach file:

jpg  1981 62310-H8703.jpg (25.43 KB)
174_58d20e7e4d018.jpg 512X192 px

jpg  1981 ornament 62310-H8703.jpg (73.02 KB)
174_58d20e88e605e.jpg 519X389 px

jpg  62310-H8703 1981.jpg (28.78 KB)
174_58d20e962cddd.jpg 512X192 px

Posted on: 2017/3/22 5:44

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah thanks to your write-ups I was able to decide which was more proper for my 81 wagon; this one or the blue S one without the chrome/red strip. The goodies are starting to stack up. Definitely a few more things I'm waiting to get; looking to create a custom clutch combo using an ORC 309D clutch kit for the a series and swapping in the ORC 309D disk for an L series. They're both 200mm just the splines should be different so I can use the 63a transmission. Not a cheap option but probably the only way to hold up to 300hp with an A series. If I go this route I'll sell off the new Kameari flywheel and Nismo clutch I already have. I am going to want a decent front spoiler and all I can find that I like is the Hakosuka one...not a fan of the style dam Bprojects sells...too chunky for my taste. I also will eventually be on the lookout for proper fender mirrors if I can get the whole setup with the controls for electric control.

Posted on: 2017/3/22 16:49

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
200mm clutches are only a little stronger than A-series clutch. Yes, heavy-duty L-series clutch is stronger than stock A15 clutch. But on the other hand the Nismo A12 clutch handles more torque than most L-series clutches ... the KG rating of the clutch is far more sigificant than the size increase

Better is a 215mm clutch fits. For example, SR20 clutch. See SR20 Clutch on A-series Flywheel. Same mods as needed for the 200mm unit

63-series transmission uses the 180mm clutch. 1978 B210 stock 5-speed clutch is same diameter as 4-speed clutch, but with the 63-series splines

Posted on: 2017/3/23 5:59

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Been a while on the updates; still just collecting parts. The NISMO front sway bar was installed last week, huge difference in the handling department. Need to install the 1" rear bar next and start taking corners uncomfortably fast. I finally acquired a set of correct fender mirrors, they are manual ones cause I couldn't find the full electric setup. I got a Sunny center console and new shift boots; lots of 720 parts are the same I'm finding out. The blower motor resistor is the same so now my heater works on low and medium speed finally too. I got and installed Sunny rear quarter emblems which popped directly into the original trim holes perfectly. I also scraped off some stupid Bernie Sanders stickers I had already defaced, and replaced with a nice JAF decal. I've actually got a decent amount of awesome stickers I never used from Matsuoka and Watanabe and more that I might eventually tag on it, we'll see. I bought a couple really awesome uncut old Sunny keys that I hope will work on either of my cars cause they are awesome! I have Cusco heavy duty engine mounts enroute to handle the extra power of it will eventually have. Also have another A series thermostatic clutch fan coming, but for my brother's 1200 that has some overheating issues. Couldn't believe how hard it was to find but it was only on factory a/c cars, and I think only B310s. Requires the matching water pump and pulley too which were easy to find. Only a few more months from bringing my wagon home though! I drove it all last week when I went to Washington for work and I'll hopefully get to drive it some more next week and I can change the oil. I think one of the rear wheel bearings might be getting worn though as it gets some brake squeal when cornering. Hopefully that can wait until fall. I'll get new pics up when I can!

Posted on: 2017/5/27 14:04

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
sounds like fun, go the B310

Posted on: 2017/5/28 4:03

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
sounds like fun, go the B310

Posted on: 2017/5/28 4:03

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Finally got the car to my home in Arkansas. Drove it from WA to AR in 3 days, didn't have a single problem or issue except at the beginning I took it to a shop for an alignment and wheel balance, and they never did the wheel balance, so after leaving Seattle, we stopped in Spokane and had to have the wheels rebalanced to get rid of a bad vibration. After that it was smooth sailing though; got as low as 27.5 mpg and as high as 37, but averaged around 33. A series Datsuns are the only engine I've ever just sat there on a road trip floored for several hours at a time and not ever had any problems or overheating from it. Most days I was at 3/4 to full throttle the entire day of driving!

Anyways, now that it's home after a year of purgatory I'm able to start doing stuff to it. So far I've installed A/C and the Addco 200SX 1" thick rear sway bar. In WA I found a 100K mile 200SX H190 to throw into it, but it was missing so many parts from them pulling it that it'll be a bit before I can install it. I have to find a new parking brake cable on one side as they cut it (DUH!). In the mean time I have to install new bearings and seals, rebuild and install one of my H190 LSDs I got from Japan, swap out the driveshaft/pinion flange, and then the driveshaft will likely have to be shortened because that diff sits forward a good 2" further. I've also ordered new brake calipers and sport pads for it, and I didn't know it before but it uses the same rear brake rotors as the 280ZX, and I'm switching to 280ZX front struts, brakes, and master cylinder too, so I'm going to just buy a full set of drilled/slotted rotors for a Z for it. A couple things more; Techno Toy makes 200SX rear control arms, one will bolt right on, the other needs to be a different length which they said they can do no problem. I'll be ordering several things thru them eventually.

The JDM front bumper I have didn't come with brackets so I'll have to build some before I can install that and it's new parking lights and grill. Kinda sucks because I was really hoping to get that on ASAP but I just don't have time right now until I get my brother's 1200 finished being painted. So that's where I'm at, I've got to get my bro's car done before I will let myself get carried away on my own stuff.

Posted on: 2017/9/7 21:05

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.