Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

WTB: Fuel Injection Manifold
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I need a fuel injection intake manifold for an A series engine. I'm willing to pay exorbitant amounts of money for one. If you have one to sell, please email me at camelion420@yahoo.com.
Thank you!

Posted on: 2002/5/18 8:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: WTB: Fuel Injection Manifold
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Mudgee NSW Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Why not use twin webber manifold and use quad throtle bodies on that?? these look great and work really well. http://www.speed-technology.com/efi_throttle.html
I have seen the factory EFI A series manifold would not be hard to make one simaller or better out of some steel piping and a bit of 10mm plate just need a throttle body around 50mm.
Cheers Andrew

Posted on: 2002/5/19 11:07

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Mmm, yeah, but then I'm right back to the problem I want to avoid. Those throttle bodies would flow too much air and kill my low end torque. Besides the fact that they're uber expensive. Toss in the price of the side draft manifold, and I could have just cast my own fuel injection manifold out of aluminum myself. :) I KNOW there are fuel injection manifolds out there, someone has to have one. :)

Posted on: 2002/5/23 0:24

From Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Not to pick nits but, didn't you say you were willing to pay exorbitant price for it? I do agree that the stock unit should make more bottom end torque and that there have to be some out there. I'd like to find one myself. When you get fininshed casting one, go ahead and make one for me!

Posted on: 2002/5/23 13:42

Just can't stay away
From Port Kennedy, Perth Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Why not make one or have one made.It wouldn't be hard to make. Figure out exactly what you want, take some dimentions and a spare cyl head (if you have one) to an aluminum or stainless steel fabrication place eg, aluminium boat builder, have it fabricated ,then machined and bob's your uncle, you have an injection manifold. I'm an aluminium boat builder by trade, so I couldnt see it costing anymore than $250 - $350 max. Also check out http//ironbark.bendigo.latrobe.edu.au/~white15/content/mycoupe.html
or try a search for -my coupe page -on yahoo.com

Posted on: 2002/5/24 10:35

Home away from home
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
If it helps, i know that Nissan produced forklifts with injected a14s... dont know where or when though.
Linc

Posted on: 2002/5/26 10:57

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, they also produced some vans in japan and europe or australia, I think, with injected a series engines. The manifolds are out there somewhere, I will find one.

Posted on: 2002/5/26 20:40

From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
know this is a couple of months after the fact,but i know someone in goulburn nsw,chris brown,who used a hilborne constant flow injection manifold off a compact speed car,with bosses welded on to take the fuel injectors.the car is very quick,& the manifolds are readily available from the speedway world.a bit of fabrication i know,but factory injection manifolds are rare as,& tend to crack around the 1-2 inlet ports,due to a water jacket weakening the runner.i know this as both my manifolds (yes i got one,sold the other years ago) cracked here.the other pity is yet another friend of mine made his own injection manifold based on gx carb runners & a large plenum,all out of aluminIUM,but Ron passed away at the end of last year, rip.he had this on a supercharged a15 in his 1200 ute,with an mr2 blower,microtech injection,big intercooler,toyota 5 speed,h165 lsd & 4 inches grafted into the back of the cab so he could fit into the thing.went like stink,burnt clutch packs in the slipper regularly,how i'd love to get my hands on this one.

Posted on: 2002/7/24 9:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]