Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

NOS setup
Home away from home
From penrith
Group:
Registered Users
we all no its tax return time and im gettin me about $1.5k
im thinking NOS setup for my sr20 they dont seem to expensive to buy ( can u DIY em?) also thinking about cams ( whether it be adjustable cam gears?) or sum head work, basically i want more power from the n/a..
is nos the best/cheapest way to get power?
keepin in mind ill only have about $1.5k to throw at it, wat would u recommend?

Posted on: 2005/7/8 9:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: NOS setup
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisbane, Narangba
Group:
Registered Users
NOS is very good it just runs out. My cousin had a 202 powered UC torana fitted with a cam, yella terra head, extractors and a set of tripple su's. A really basic build. He then fitted a 150hp nos kit and it ran a 13.1 1/4mile(cant remember the mph) To fit it all he did was drill a hole in each intake runner, tap a thread and screw in the nos injectors and poof away she went. Would be the same for you but you would just have to drill into the efi manifold.

NOS is good just doesnt last long. It would be very fun though. Knowing you got power at the push of a button. NOS purging is cool too. I know its mainly for wank factor but its cools.

Posted on: 2005/7/8 9:35

From Melbourne Vic
Group:
Registered Users
with that sort of money, and your setup that you already have i'd put a turbo donk in, or turbo the NA. are you keen for NA power for any specific reason, coz it is definately do able. to start with you could run it with no cooler and the exhaust you currently have and slowly upgrade. i bought a brand new delivered COD 450 x 300 x 76 bar and plate cooler for $160 today. things are just getting so cheap!!!

Posted on: 2005/7/8 9:49

Home away from home
From sutho shire
Group:
Registered Users
i had a mate who used 2 run NOS on his SSSpulsar which had the non turbo sr20 in the day in sutho shire used 2 beat turbo version with u13 motor
it never melted the pistons and never blew headgasket with 50hp shot i think all he did was high flow injectors and fuel reg.

definelty best way of power for the price,

has your ute got a decent set of pipes (extractors) ??? if not i would reckoment that and cold air induction,

Posted on: 2005/7/8 10:13
Team New skool

From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
this is for the drags,i hope,as here in nsw nos is illegal,you can't even have it in the car,let alone hooked up.sorry to sound so old fartish,but it's the truth.so if this is to go to the wsid,you can't even have it in the car with you.so,do you get a mate to take it for you?it's also banned by cams from circuit competition,mainly due to the risk of the bottle exploding in a fire.not like those rta knobs,who just don't like modified cars.

Posted on: 2005/7/8 11:54
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

Home away from home
From Toowoomba, australia
Group:
Registered Users
i have a turbo charges gokart that is soon to be getting nitrous

Posted on: 2005/7/8 11:56

From Brisbane, Narangba
Group:
Registered Users
What the RTA dont know wont hurt them. Many NOS systems have been well hidden. So far that even the trained eye will not pick it up at first glimpse. I dont know what the worry with NOS and exploding is. I mean it it a totally none flammable substance and it fitted and placed properly should have no real dramas. The extra oxygen may fuel the fire a little better though. I reckon its safer than LPG wich is highly flammable which inturn means BOOM!!

Posted on: 2005/7/8 12:00

Home away from home
From Toowoomba, australia
Group:
Registered Users
a mate of mine had NOS on a standard a14 in his 1200 ute and it made a hell of a difference

Posted on: 2005/7/8 12:05

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Freak wrote:
The extra oxygen may fuel the fire a little better though.

Only a little?

Personally if I used nitrous, I would make sure the floor of my car is welded in good. I seen that checker plate stuff unbolt and fly off in The Fast and Furious.

Posted on: 2005/7/8 13:47

Not too shy to talk
From A
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

phunkdoktaspok wrote:
Personally if I used nitrous, I would make sure the floor of my car is welded in good. I seen that checker plate stuff unbolt and fly off in The Fast and Furious.

hehehe... or was that because he wasn't double clutching?

i've seen a nos kit (50hp) fitted with a single fogger in the intake pipe after the filter and a mini-switch on the throttle body. It was completely concealed as the pipe was behind the throttle body and masked as a vacume hose or something... hiding bottles etc, dosen't take alot of imagination. The switch was hard to see unless you stuck your head in behind the engine. It would hit the switch at full throttle and off you go!

Posted on: 2005/7/8 14:34

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.