Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

ENGINEERING IN NSW
Home away from home
From newcastle nsw
Group:
Registered Users
can anyone confirm that the laws are changing as of 28 september, you can not do engine conversions anymore? Any info would be good and if thats the case then sport compact here i come.

Posted on: 2011/9/19 21:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: ENGINEERING IN NSW
Home away from home
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
I heard the same thing that cars with engine swaps to turbos ones are no longer allowed, engineers are handing in there leicence n are all pissed off at the rta, apparently the rta will hire there own engineers at there work stations and go through very very tough testing, but the guys who have been building there car over a few years will have no option but to sell or take it to a different state.

Posted on: 2011/9/19 21:45

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Armidale N.S.W
Group:
Registered Users
Your both wrongish. The laws are just getting stricter and its not that there doing away with engineering there just changing the way its done people can apply for a VCCS if they meet the 100 point criteria among other things and can then sign off on a vehicle they work in conjunction with the RTA like any mechanic but its also up to them what they see as safe and legal as RTA has to protect themselves to as its also about public liability. The power to weight ratio thing is changing you may soon be able to go 20% bigger as apposed to the original 16% increase without engineering. Its also about weight factors in the sense if you put A Ca18det in a coupe they originally went off the heaviest model of that vehicle to get the calculation in this case a 1200 wagon. Now it is looks like being applied to the weight of the model car you put it in so coupes wont legally be able to have a CA18det. Please dont take what i say as gospel i have sat for hours reading about this stuff in the last week and spoken to guys one of whom is applying for the VCCS but nothing is set in stone yet its all still pending.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 4:12

From Tamworth , NSW
Group:
Registered Users
andy is alot closer to the mark.
i can get full details once my brother gets back from holiday.

Posted on: 2011/9/20 7:33

Home away from home
From newcastle nsw
Group:
Registered Users
wite up in latest edition of street machine,says new laws are going to be hard to get around

Posted on: 2011/9/22 8:18

Home away from home
From windsor, sydney
Group:
Registered Users
and of course you should believe every word that is writen in street machine!!!!!!

Posted on: 2011/9/23 12:21
Suspension, Brake, Drivetrain modification
TIG welding of all metals
0413 595 627

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Might find the link informative

National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification (NCOP):

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx

Posted on: 2011/9/23 22:32

Home away from home
From Fremantle, West Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the info
I read the section on clearance of brake components...

Obviously you need clearance between the caliper and rim!

However, it sounds like I may need a gap of 10mm between the caliper and the inside of the rim.
Have I understood this correctly?

2.7 INSTALLATION
2.7.1 Clearance
All brake components must clear other vehicle components such as wheels, suspension
members and chassis members over the full range of steering and suspension travel. It is
recommended that a clearance of at least 10mm be provided at all such locations.Quote:

a12grunt wrote:
Might find the link informative

National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification (NCOP):

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx

Posted on: 2011/9/27 6:16

Home away from home
From newcastle nsw
Group:
Registered Users
The Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Scheme (VSCCS) is a new scheme to license competent people to inspect non-standard vehicles and certify compliance with the relevant vehicle safety standards. The VSCCS will be introduced in 2011 to replace the Engineering Certification Scheme (ECS).

From December 2010, the RTA will accept expressions of interest from competent individuals wishing to become licensed certifiers when the scheme commences in 2011

there for a whole new guideline will be rectified and all cars need to comply to current adr laws.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 10:41

From Goulburn NSW
Group:
Registered Users
HI guys been following the thread very interetsing but got me worried.So to cut through all the bullshit its going to be another couple of years before i get the money to slot my ca into ute will i still be able to do this conversion.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 11:32

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.