Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Best all round turbo
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure top of my head is around .70 in / .63 ex, was lucky to snatch it from wrecker ca18det silvia that was upgraded at some stage.

Finn holds the fastest 1/4 mile with A series & setup had a twin webered blow through but then went to megasquirt for a good reason?.

Id love to see Sykine go out with his racer sporting some soft rear shockers & rubber to see if he can take the world title, we could all put in a tad each to see him run at Calder along with some softer rear shockies, soft rubber, entry fee etc. I have some new sticky yokies 205/60/13s A-008s and 13 x 6 inch hurricanes I can offer for the rears & some soft koni torie (supposedly fit) rear shockies too. What do you think Simon? these thirteens are the only 13s that fit my skyline rear brakes.

Posted on: 2012/10/25 0:04

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I've used a plain bearing T25G from a CA18DET S13 on an A12 with drawthru 1.75" SU and it worked great. enough boost at 60kph in 4th to keep it going up the steepest hills. Only ran its standard internal gated 8psi and it went hard. Never had it on the dyno, nut it would easily have been a match for my 116rwbhp L18 1200.

If you're running drawthru you need to get the turbo rebuilt with the right seals. Not sure if you can do that with BB cores.

you'd be mad to fit a used ceramic turbo to any motor! people rip them off GTRs and stuff before they let go and the ceramic dust kills their motor.

The only factory BB turbo I can think of is the T28 from *some* JDM S15s.

Posted on: 2012/10/25 0:22

Group:
Registered Users
Id love to get hold of that unitary inlet outlet manifold you had Harry
any idea where it is atm? finders fee for sure!

super swirl design ;-}
Open in new window

work or art
Open in new window

Posted on: 2012/10/25 1:34

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
yeah, it was a nice bit of gear. Unfortunately I've got no idea where it ended up...

Posted on: 2012/10/25 2:13

From Freo
Group:
Registered Users
just another source, T25 from a Z32, a note the Auto versions have a smaller exhaust side, but steel wheels. not ceramic like the Skyline.
I figured because, they are 3lt, and run 14psi reliably, 220kw atw, the Z kids take them off and put on Disco potato's and HKS 2530's,
so there is plenty about, (within reason)
I have one rebuilt waiting to go with a carbon Seal for Drawthru setup... one day...

Posted on: 2012/10/25 2:19
A15 PSI Project Motor
'72 CB750k,
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
Registered Users
Dundee any chance of getting a 3rd world blacksmith to make the pictured sample up and have it ceramic coated in a mud brick oven :)

Posted on: 2012/10/25 2:33

From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
I don't have a clue how it's gonna go, but I have a TDO4 off a 4G93T in a GSR lancer. I'm told they're a better unit than the T25. It's squirelled away for my "one day" A14 turbo build.

Posted on: 2012/10/25 7:19

From Cape Town ZA
Group:
Registered Users
I recently got my hands on an IHI off a 3.0L Isuzu diesel. It's the RHF5 series, I'm sure these little buggers would do an excellent job on a standard A12-14. You get larger and smaller versions in the RHF5 series giving up to 208hp, with the RHF55 ones being slightly larger delivering up to 277hp. These figures are around 0.65bar gate pressure, so if you crank it a bit they should give a bunch more. They are ballbearing types and very reliable too.

They should also be plentyful with you guys having all the Isuzu, Ford, Mazda and other diesels that use them.

Obviously they wouldn't be suitable for suck through, but a good source of cheap turbos if you run blow through or injection.

Posted on: 2012/10/25 11:39

Old
4AGZE 16V turbo
196.5KW/283NM
800m - 200km/h
400m - 12.3s

From Cape Town ZA
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/10/25 12:22

Old
4AGZE 16V turbo
196.5KW/283NM
800m - 200km/h
400m - 12.3s

Group:
Registered Users
There are plenty of good little turbos thats for sure the main thing is the tuning for carbie suck through and few have got them going well there is one member putting up to 30psi through his 1000 wagon using a simple crude window squirter meth/water setup and still going strong. Im waiting for HyFlo to do the mini manifolds that will help the inlet side using equalised inlet charge and allow a more straight out exhaust manifold like on TopGears manifold.

Posted on: 2012/10/26 0:56

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]