Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

sr20 conversion on 1200ute
Just popping in
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Hey everyone, I just signed up to this sit to hopefully get some helpful idea and hints.
Within the next few months when i get my new job i plan on buying a 1200 ute and doing an sr20 conversion.
What are the pro's and con's with doing it?
What are the hardest things with the conversion?

Posted on: 2013/7/4 12:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: sr20 conversion on 1200ute
Home away from home
From Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Cool man
This site has heaps of info people have done that conversion before. Do some searching.

Off the top of my head the only major issue I can think of is I'm almost certain you cant engineer sr20 conversions anymore that's why ca18 conversions are more popular

Posted on: 2013/7/4 13:07

Just popping in
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Cheers for the reply, I've done a lot of research on it and been looking around this site for the last couple months.
I've asked a fair few mates that are mechanics and i'm getting lots of yes's and a lot of no's about if it can be engineered, so when i have the car and before i buy any engines i'll start ringing up places.
ca18 was my second choice to go with and a lot of the conversion on this site are complete rebuilds going over everything so it's a tad hard to find what i really need to do.
At first all i'm going to do is engine conversion and new diff, then as time go buy i'll be doing much more eg. Coil overs,brake upgrades, etc...

In the end this will be my daily/I'm going to use it for drifting every now and then.

Posted on: 2013/7/4 13:31

Guest_
You might be able to put sr20 non turbo in but engineer wont sign on a det now.
Cant really trust anyone's word except rta/vic roads/ transport authority and the accredited engineer signing off on it.
Get an s15 autech sr20 vvt and its got 147kw stock from memory. Smiles all day with that na motor.
Toyota beams 3sge is good too.

Posted on: 2013/7/4 13:42

Home away from home
From Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Awesome man
Ring your state authority and a local engineer. They are the only people I'd trust to say yes.

Tech wiki has some info which might help. I'd tell you more but I havent done it. Im turboing an A series.

I know for a fact it will be cheaper for you to buy one finished or half finished project than do your own. Something worth considering.

Also diff wise if you're on a budget people have used the ute h165 diff behind ca18 with success. You prob couldn't drift but it would get you moving in the short term for cheap and minimal effort

Posted on: 2013/7/4 13:42

Home away from home
From Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
+1 unfamiliar said
Was writing post before I saw his reply

Posted on: 2013/7/4 13:44

Just popping in
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Unfamilia either way i'm going to be need a DE as im on my green p's, i had a look on the rta website and the have a list of places that do engineering around my area so i'll give them a ring and see what they have to say . I thought s13 engines where to go for this as the are the best fit along with the gearbox?

Beejj- I'm kinda not on a budget but am a little bit as i'm still at home and don't have rent or bills to pay for that's why i've decided to do it soon while i have the money, I was planning on getting a r33 or r34 diff in not a hilux diff and as for the drifting part it's just going to be on a wet track and only til i have enough money for a 180 then that'll become my drift car

Posted on: 2013/7/4 13:59

Home away from home
From Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
add your location to your profile Dat20
where abouts r u?

there was a CA18 ute in perth for 9k ono little while ago.
If you could find something like that maybe haggle a bit that is gonna be best bang for buck.
Unless your doing to learn, love modding) or youre extremely skilled/its your trade it will be heaps easier and better value to start with something like that then customise.

I still cant believe how many people do these conversions from stock cars when you can buy mint completed builds for like half the money of the conversion cost...
Dont get me wrong its truly impressive and admirable I just wouldnt do it.

some wiki links:
SR Swap
CA Swap

Posted on: 2013/7/4 14:18

Just popping in
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Sydeny, so perth is a bit to far for me ahaha
Well it is for me to learn and i do like modding but i know next to nothing, so wish this my best mate who's a 4th year mechanic is going to be helping with almost all of it, i've always loved modded cars and wanted to do my own but i don't know a whole lot of the mechanical side of stuff.
But the main point of doing myself and not buying one thats already had it all that is the fact that i can look at it and be like yeep i did that. Also i dont like the way other people mod cars, they always seem to take shortcut and other stuff just not the way i'd do it

Posted on: 2013/7/5 0:59

Guest_
Green p's.... thought was illegal to drive modded cars in nsw now. No engibe swaos blah blah blah.
Rwd sr20 s13 or s15 same. Just need to work out gearbox etc.

Posted on: 2013/7/5 2:51

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.