Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

1200 Ute Official Weight
Home away from home
From Geelong, Victoria
Group:
Registered Users
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any official or published weight for the 1200 ute, or know where I can find it? I need to provide the GVM to my Engineer but my service manual doesn't contain this info.
It needs to be an official weight, not just what old mate jimmy down the pub weighed his at in 1989. Cheers.

Posted on: 2017/3/12 7:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 1200 Ute Official Weight
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
The National Code of practice goes by the "original mass". Other states go by the TARE weight which they determine (not the manufacturer), for example ute weight declared by NSW RTA is 690kg reportedly

I have nothing from Nissan about the weight of the ute, every other 1200, yes even from Nissan-Datsun PTY Australia, but no ute weight

Vic Roads: "If major modifications have been performed to the vehicle that has altered its tare mass, a weighbridge certificate must be provided to VicRoads so that the correct tare mass of the vehicle can be recorded."

So go and have it weighed? Get a certificate of weight?

Posted on: 2017/3/12 7:26

Home away from home
From Geelong, Victoria
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I have to get a weighbridge ticket with the conversion but the Engineer has also asked for the original GVM of the vehicle. I can find published weights for sedans and wagons but not Utes.

Posted on: 2017/3/12 7:29

Home away from home
From Geelong, Victoria
Group:
Registered Users
I'll check with VicRoads to see if they have any recorded weights.

Posted on: 2017/3/12 7:31

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Goulburn NSW
Group:
Registered Users
Hey mate,

I asked this question along time ago as I was asking how to calculate what upgrade engine I could put in my ute(ca18det).I was told 730kg and the calculation is the weight times 2.5 for turbo applications.

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Weight

Posted on: 2017/3/12 9:06

Home away from home
From melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Does it have to be done by an actual weight bridge. There are a few public bridges around town . Braeside , Scoresby , Sunshine Most large scrap metal / plastic recycle yard have a weigh bridge and provide a docket. Sims , Poly Trade, One Steel, Highett Metals etc. Just dont get out of ya car unless you know them , but seriously just ask em , theyve let me use the bridge for weighing other loads. Most are helpful and will give you a docket.

Posted on: 2017/3/12 11:02

Home away from home
From Geelong, Victoria
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nickmitty wrote:
Does it have to be done by an actual weight bridge. There are a few public bridges around town . Braeside , Scoresby , Sunshine Most large scrap metal / plastic recycle yard have a weigh bridge and provide a docket. Sims , Poly Trade, One Steel, Highett Metals etc. Just dont get out of ya car unless you know them , but seriously just ask em , theyve let me use the bridge for weighing other loads. Most are helpful and will give you a docket.

Not quite sure what you mean there Nickmitty? There is a public weighbridge not far from me, the cost is minimal. What I'm trying to find is a published GVM for the Datsun 1200 ute from production.

Posted on: 2017/3/12 11:13

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
1000 ute is 615kg in official manuals and books
but mine was under 600kg without me in it and quarter fuel tank
Richard another member has had similar sub 600kg result therefore
a weighbridge is very handy

Posted on: 2017/3/12 13:00

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
What you guys are quoting is tare weight or kerb weight. A weighbridge ticket will give you this if it is not available from the manufacturer.
The GVM is the gross vehicle mass, the maximum allowable weight the vehicle is allowed to weigh including driver, passengers and payload. It is required on the compliance plate of commercial vehicles, but he datto is probably too old for this.
You could try kerb weight plus payload but I'm not sure if the engineer will accept this. Also not sure if the payload includes people, it may just be a bed rating.
JD

Posted on: 2017/3/12 13:15

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
OK, after looking through Wiki and looking at plates the only thing I found was some south africa vehicles are stamped as 1349kg. 619kg payload sounds wierd.
I will have a look at my ute tomorrow and see if it has a GVM on the plate, it seems most do not.
JD

Posted on: 2017/3/12 13:37

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.