Late model 35A with integral regulator came factory on 1200s from October 1981.
The LR135 is the same dimensions as the externally-regulated LT135 (which was used by Datsun 510, Datsun 1200, Datsun 521 with L16, and Datsun 620 with L18 & L20B engines).
- 1979 Datsun 620 Pickup 35A L20B engine
- 1980 Datsun 720 pickup 35A L20B engine
- 23100-B9810 Mitsubishi A1T22971 $90
- 23100-B9802R Reman Alternator $260.33 from Nissan
- 23100-B9802 ALTERNATOR ASSY Hitachi 8110-8910
- 23100-B9810 ALTERNATOR ASSY Mitsubishi 8110-
- 23100-B9800 Hitachi LR135
JDM 1990-1994 Nissan Sunny Truck USA 1978-1979 Datsun 620 Pickup 35A USA 1980 Datsun 720 Pickup with L20B 35A
The LR135 is a DIRECT BOLT-ON for the stock 1200 35A alternator, and requires a one-wire connection. You can unplug or discard any external voltage regulator. This it fits:
Datsun 1200 1971-1973 Datsun 510 1968-1971 USA with 35A alternator Datsun 521 Pickup 1969-early 1971 USA Datsun 620 Pickup 1973-1979 USA
It bolts on, and uses the same fan belt as the 35A older LT135 alternator. Just be sure to disconnect the external voltage regulator.
The LR135 will fit B110, but has S+L wiring instead of F+N wiring. So one or two jumper wires are required.
- When replacing an FN-wired alternator (such as B110), see Hitachi_LR_Alternator#Wiring
- When replacing 4-wire alternator (such as B10), see IR Alternator In Older Datsun
Dimensions are the same as the LT135 externally-regulated alternator.
Distance between lower mounting ears: 80mm Distance between Adjustment bolt and mount bolt: 156mm Fan belt center: 29mm from front bolt face Pulley diameter: 69mm
The LR135 has LS wiring like many modern Japanese alternators. The L-terminal goes to the CHG lamp, and the S-terminal goes to either IGN or straight to the battery.