Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: gunna
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
why would he fit it backwards?

hang on, where are you planning on mounting the transfer case, and where do you think you're gunna run the front driveshaft?

Posted on: 2003/4/24 2:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: one for thought
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Quote:
Idea 1: Subaru EJ-25 up front like Fuji Heavy intended
You guys are aware many of the 1200s were made in the Fuji Heavy Industries plant, right? This is true. On the other hand, the rumour that some 1200s slipped out with flat fours is almost certainly false.

Quote:
push the struts further foward and the nose further again
We could call it the "Supra" 1200.

Posted on: 2003/4/24 8:17

Home away from home
From NSW South Coast
Group:
Registered Users
I,v been toying with the idea of putting a second A series motor in the pasenger side where the pasenger footwell is and driving the rear axle. you would need to do a cut and shut on the axle and use 2 locked diffs side by side. I,v worked out how to do it and I think the car should handle even better than it does now. Only for racing but think about it an A series with 8 cylinders 2 cams etc. It can be done

Posted on: 2003/4/24 9:57

From Canberra, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I heard rumours from a few different people in Canberra that there used to be a guy with a 1200 coupe going around with a pulsar GTIR engine (sr20det) and drivetrain (4wd)...

Never acually saw it myself and noone seems to know anything about it now. SO i don't know how reiable this info was...

Posted on: 2003/4/24 11:52
Stanza front struts and brakes.
15x6 CSA Wheels with 195/50 rubber.

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
My 1967, 1000 was one of those from Fuji heavy industries. The best thing about it is that the paints been missing underneath and 3 inches up the sills for 25 years or more and cause it was apparantly galvanised like they did for jap truck boxes, there aint no rust to eat it.
I havent bothered painting it just to show its underwear off to other more expensive rust prone vehicle owners.

Another midmount suitable would be the MR2 3sg 2 litre found in 90s celica gt4, lexus ls200 and mr2s also used in the all conquering 1000+ hp pikes peak Mildren toyota. This engine takes more abuse in than an sr20 and with its steel block and box weighs less than the all alloy sr20 and box and is 15 kg heavier than a 4ag but has 160hp without vvt in the early 90s restriced NA form. The later versions have higher port locations a-la-gx and narrower twin cam heads. Remember a NA Lexus ls200 came third overall a couple of years ago in the Targa tasmania ahead of turbo cars like f40 ferrari, top porsche racers, lamborginis, gtr, supras and more.
Cheap HP from start and ability to take heaps more abuse later like the heavier FJ20.

For a 4wd layout it would be easier to use a rail setup from the later independant 4WDs with a roll cage and a fibreglass body to sit on top of it. Then put any engine you wish for since most new 4wds have independant alloy diffs with heavy duty lsds.
Has any of you unfortunately got stuck driving behind some new 4wd and had no choice but to notice below their multilink alloy diffed independant rear ends?
I hate them, lucky bastards.

Posted on: 2003/4/25 1:47

From Melbourne, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I havent bothered painting it just to show its underwear off to other more expensive rust prone vehicle owners.

oi, you were showing me this the oher day!!!!

Posted on: 2003/4/25 13:53
1200 Coupe Project A15ETT

Home away from home
From Christchurch, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
I know this is probably a bit off topic but, if you're looking for somewhere to sling that RB26DETT (other than sending it to me) try bolting it into a 200SX.

A mate of mine is in the process of this at the moment and says that other than fabricating a gearbox cross member (easy) it is a complete bolt up operation (even the GTR fuel pump bolts into the tank), its just mix and match of Nissan bits.

And there is more room around the engine than in a GTR!

Posted on: 2003/4/26 8:25

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.