Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Anyone heard of Nikola Tesla?
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
He invented coin shrinking? Why would you wanna shrink your money? I have enough trouble keeping hold of the stuff as it is!

Posted on: 2010/9/13 17:02

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Perth WA
Group:
Registered Users
hmm coin shrinking, i dont know whyat he was famous for, but i know all physics academics know his work and some say was smarter than einstein or crazier.

Posted on: 2010/9/16 9:34

Home away from home
From ACT
Group:
Registered Users
Tesla's approach to physics is an interesting topic that I would like to know more about especially from any physicists on the forum

Posted on: 2010/9/17 3:39

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
I have ridden in a Tesla. Awesome car. Runs on AC power. No DC motors for Tesla, that's for sure.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2010/9/17 7:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure that the figure is around 4500 patents seized, only 2000 or so are allowed to be accessed by the general pop.

Posted on: 2010/9/20 13:23

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Quote:
The total number of patents issued to Nikola Tesla in the USA according to the evidence of the Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade amounted to 112.

Nikola Tesla Patents

Posted on: 2010/9/20 17:08

Home away from home
From ACT
Group:
Registered Users
I'm just slowly reading through Tesla's lectures, writings patents etc and while fairly difficult to interpret there's so much awesome stuff he dreamt up that never got produced.

Strikes me as odd that his main project - wireless transmission of information and power was proven to work but never scaled up into a functioning system.

Wardenclyffe was to be the first one of a global netwrok but it failed when the cash ran out, rather than because the idea proved unworkable.

This thing needs to be built and tested!!

Posted on: 2010/9/21 6:50

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
It doesnt take a stretch of the imagination to think that if indeed "free energy to the people" (of which Tesla was intent on) was possible, that powerful companies who sell energy would seek to suppress or discredit this information, as Edison did from the start to protect his DC system. Perhaps evidence enough of this can be found by Tesla's withdrawal of financial backing, social isolation and systematic exclusion from the history books. Its easy enough to discount someone publicly as a "madman". but interest in his research by both the US and the soviets after his death suggest otherwise...

Its worth checking out research by Lt. Col. Thomas E. Bearden, you can torrent his 1988 lecture TESLA'S SECRET AND THE SOVIET TESLA WEAPONS and also numerous docos on youtube about HAARP and weather weaponry... a lot of its pretty far fetched and way over my head, but at the end of the day, whether you believe them or not...they make you think and are often great stories :)

It would be sad to think (however awesome it is) that this would be Tesla's only legacy ;)

Posted on: 2010/10/3 12:02

Edited by Wurzel on 2010/10/4 3:15:17

Home away from home
From ACT
Group:
Registered Users
I agree Wurzel, it is sad that perhaps the greatest engineer of our time doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

I'm a fair sceptic, I dont like conspiracy theories and I dont buy much of anything Bearden spouts, he is almost def a loon.

I have deliberatly not referred to the more esoteric interpretations of Tesla's work mainly because his work on energy weapons and anti-gravity engines means that Tesla always pops up in connection with the weirdo UFO conspiracy folk, you know, the reptiles are taking over the planet in 2012 type of bullshit.

Now those folk are generally schizophrenic, on drugs or just dumb (or some combination of the three) and their theories wouldn't cut mustard let alone satisfy occams razor.

What struck me was that in Tesla we actually have the prototype for sustainable production of power

(ie: hydro/geothermal baseload power production - remember that Tesla's technology built Niagra Falls hydro plant - able to be transmitted around the world at very low cost)

Now that made me excited and for all my research the only reason I can find that it doesn't work is that no-one actually built it.

Its not like Tesla's inventions were ever known to fail. His mental abilities and matematical expertise enabled him to visualise his inventions in dimensions down to the mm before they were built.

He only built his inventions to show others that they worked, and they did, every time.

So the question remains why not try it out?

And I suspect the conspiracy theorists are right here.

His method would prove to be far too inexpensive, require far too little capital and provide an international energy grid without a way to charge for usage enabling everyone access to power for no charge other than cost of materials to build your reciever (made mostly of copper wire)

A capitalists worst nightmare...

Posted on: 2010/10/5 3:45

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Thomas Edison proved his new fangled Electricity worked by electrocuting stray dogs. Nikola proved his by building the site for the 1899 ( I think) World Fair where he powered the entire site from Hydro-Electric plants he designed, & the entire site had electric lights. It ran for months, & was hailed as a major triumph. So who do you think most people 'know' invented the light bulb.

Posted on: 2010/10/8 9:52
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]