Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

most powerful a series?
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
does, anyone know. what the biggest rwkw (real world kilowatts) output by an a series is turbo. ,super. nitro, nos.?

Posted on: 2004/5/5 8:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: most powerful a series?
Home away from home
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
The last time I saw my old 1000 coupe (I sold it to a mate), it had a wild A15 with twin DCOE webers that was making 75 Kilowatts at the rear wheels. This was at a Sydney Datsun club Dyno day.. and the engine was leaning out above 6000rpm, so it probably had a few more kilowatts left in it when tuned better.

I am sure there would be many big dollar full race A15's that would top this figure.

James.

Posted on: 2004/5/5 11:33

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
well on the site somewhere there is a pic of NA kiwi Aseries or Japanese one, not to sure. Claimed that it sends a 1200 down the qauter in the 12second region, not sure on the Power rating. but there was plenty of disscusion about if that kind of power was even possible out of Aseries.

someone will find the link. i cant even remember the name of the pic.

Posted on: 2004/5/5 11:38

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
I remember talking to a guy in the US I bought some parts from that used to build A series for racing worldwide. He claimed to build a really hot A15 for a racer all the way over in Japan that ran low 13's in a Ute, he said it had 200 horsepower (flywheel), NA. I have seen Matsuoka's race Ute run low 13's, and have seen reports in Japanese magazines of A series' Utes running 12's. All of these motors are NA and built to the hilt. I would think you could easily accomplish similar figures, if not better, with a properly built turbocharged EFI A15. I talked with someone just the other day that has this setup and was pushing like 150 rwhp at 15 psi.

Posted on: 2004/5/5 15:24

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Newscastle, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah Andy thats about right. John Taylor here in sydney has an A15 normally aspirated with Motec rollers rockers etc running 200hp at the fly....
here is photo:-

200HP A15

Posted on: 2004/5/6 0:03

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
twelve seconds out of a na a series awsome, it must rev like a bastard 8500+?. I reckon it would sound pretty damn sweet too!!. My 1000wagon ran twelves in the hands, of it,s previous owner. I ran it on the dyno a while back and recorded 105rwkw at 6000 with 17 psi. I normally run 25+ psi but she didnt like the dyno(hot day, slipping tyres) a mates commodore ute pumped out 97rwkw.

Posted on: 2004/5/6 10:15

Just can't stay away
From hobart,tas,australia
Group:
Registered Users
HEY DATSONOVIC!!!!! are you from tassie? because i think i recognise your car as the highest power a series i have seen in tassie (as also featured in zoom magazine((i not long ago came across this artical again)) i thought you car was history!!!! i remember this car used to chew through gearboxes and diffs , have you got beafier items or are you easier on the power? is it the same turbo engine combo? im chuffed to see this car after so damn long looking so damn mint, most nice, fast cars are normally history (around here anyhow) after someone else gets there hands on them because they dont have the respect,,,,, its a credit to you

Posted on: 2004/5/6 12:17

Home away from home
From Launceston,Tasmania,Aus
Group:
Registered Users
If Thats the same datto 1000 i know of i once saw it run off an A9X torana.
Did you buy from a guy in the Deloraine/Devonport area??

Posted on: 2004/5/6 13:03

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
yeh i got it about four years, ago from a fellow in spreyton he s,old it to go rotor racing i think he ran 10s in his, rx 808 coupe pretty s,cary s,tuff

Posted on: 2004/5/6 13:19

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
I got a new dvd (HPI v8) yesterday, theres a drag racing section at sendai raceway in japan, its mainly late model turbo stuff but there is (to my delight) one pass of a na datsun 1200 sedan it runs: 10.10sec pass at 130 mph.(the thing screams) they say it would blow any U.S. "all motor"racer away. Is anyone familiar with this car? its white with huge slicks on its, does it run an a series? if it does it would be my vote for most powerful a series.

Posted on: 2004/5/28 2:28

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.