The Datsun 1200 has a small Engine Compartment as is fitting for its optimized lightweight design. Yet still there is plenty of room for maintenance. Nissan calls it the engine room and many people call it the engine bay.
Approximate measurements follow. They are hand measured, so the accuracy is fair, but the precision is questionable.
- 36.5": Width between Strut shafts at top
- 30.75": Width between strut tower faces at A12 rocker cover height
- 26.25": Length from firewall to radiator mounting surface
- Firewall measured behind engine, above the tunnel
- 27.12": Length from core support header to firewall
- firewall measured at raised boss
- Width between subframe rail faces:
B210 (Datsun 120Y/140Y/B-210)
B310 (Datsun Sunny/210/120Y/130Y/140Y/150Y)