Datsun 1200 grilles vary between Coupe and Sedan. The Sedans used a stainless steel grille, while Coupes used a sporty plastic type. Wagons and early utes used the sedan grille, while newer utes use a coupe-like plastic grille. In Japan, the sedan grilles change for 1972.
1972 Sedan (Facelift) Grille
See main article: Sedan Grille
- Silver headlamp surrounds
- black center
- Black headlamp surrounds
- All black paint
- All dark gray paint
- Black paint
- Silver outline
- Silver outline + silver center bar
- Black headlight surrounds: Coupe
- Silver headlight surrounds: Late Ute (1978-up)
Sunny Truck Grille
1971-1977 Sunny Truck, ute and bakkie used the stainless Sedan Grille.
- Silver headlight surrounds (coupe has black surrounds)
- Center Badge mounts Horizontal (Coupe is vertical)
Square Headlight Truck
See main article: Square Light Grille
JDM - From October 1989 Bakkie (B140)
For 1972, Japan-model 1200s received a minor facelift.
- Coupe-grille with custom insert
Each grile type has unique mounting variation.
Ditto for round vs square headlight grilles.
- Sedan Grille Mounting
- Coupe Grille Mounting
- Coupe Grille in Sedan: add the missing brackets.
- Sedan Grille in late Sunny Truck
- Coupe Grille in late Sunny Truck
- For a late Sunny Truck with square headlights, you also need to fit round headlights. See Converting
- 123 x 22 x 10 cm box