Re: L-series into a 1000
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From newcastle, NSW
Group:
Registered Users
Heres a pic i posted a while ago of my turbo setup D,
Open in new window

It's changed a little since then.
Basically it's an A14 bored 40 thou, T25 on a J-bend manifold, compression plate,turbo cam grind and running a 350 holley with some other goodies, it's been intercooled recently and i wound the boost up to 20 psi before it started to ping a bit, blew another diff recently and needs suspension and brake upgrades, which is expected,

But it's not a race setup, looking for a simple set up thats cost effective. I would like to develop this set up more but i'm getting to the stage where i'm keeping my eye out for an alternative.

What the QR20de out of? tiida? or x-trail? or somthing of the like? i heard ages ago that they weren't being released in oz and i haven't seen or heard of anything since, that was a couple of years ago though.

Does anyone in austrailia make the haybusa gearbox? or are they strictly an import item from the UK? it would be a great alternative and a head turner and a ball tearer!!!!!

Posted on: 2008/11/10 23:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Darwin NT
Group:
Registered Users
need an engine that is powerfull and light and relativly easy to obtain and that will be used in a race car? 13b rotary.... but all depends if the rules allow it.....
and with the front brakes if you are going to be putting in a full cage you may as well make up all custom mounts and use a holden hq v8 ute front end

Posted on: 2008/11/11 0:00

Home away from home
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I only wish that Nissan made motorbikes like Suzuki and Honda do! I don't think you could use it in improved production though because sequential shift is not allowed.
If you are interested in bike engines, the term is 'bike engined car'. If you search this you will find heaps of into.

BEC website

The three main gearboxes are the blackbird reverser, reversion and BGH Geartech. (costs roughly 550 pounds)

Posted on: 2008/11/11 2:37

From newcastle, NSW
Group:
Registered Users
13b rotary is a good suggestion for a fire-breathing race engine but unfortunatly i dispise rotary engines (wank wanks! ) i would rather stick my wedding tackle into a blender, if you know what i mean, but its always an option!

Gti twin cam engine i can get for $600, but i rang a few places and haven't been able to source a sierra box as yet, but i'll keep my ear to the ground so to speak, you never know i might be able to get one. I'll keep researching that option further.

A noble member on this site has offered me an A-series engine that's worked and has 120hp at the treads, that is a great option, and the easiest by far.

I'm keeping my options open and throwing ideas out there.

As for the bike engine in a 1000...... !
I have read through the site that Ianey put in his last post and i'm going to investigate it further but to be honest it's very unlikley that i'll go down that road, but someone has got to be the guinea pig! and do it so of the rest of us can follow! lol

Posted on: 2008/11/11 3:14

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
A bare 13b block weighs as much as an L series.

Suzuki sierra boxes are weak and better to use celica box w57/58 or Mazda 929 rwd box with Hybrid bellhousing. This is what sierra people do when using turbo or 1740cc versions of the g16.

Use the first 2-3 inches of the vitara box bellhousing engine mating section and weld onto 2-3 inches removed from celica bellhousing usually the 2S rwd W series boxes or others.

Motorbikes engines are expensive unless you use a small capacity one and turbo. eg 600cc.

There is a QR20DE engine with missing exhaust cam still available at EKW for 600AUD, should be good as you need to change cams anyway for big hp.
However I prefer the MR20de now as its supposedly very compact in dimensions.

Posted on: 2008/11/11 5:13

Home away from home
From South Africa
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/11/11 5:14

2006 Ford Bantam
2004 Ford Ikon

From Adelaide, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
IPRA requires you to run a block with the same amount of cylinders from the same manufacturer as the car, crossmember cannot be modified, only engine mounts so that also makes things harder with a tall motor.

Posted on: 2008/11/11 6:22

IPRA Build

From gold coast QLD.
Group:
Registered Users
Basically the same thing goes for Aussie CAMS Sports Sedans.
Engines must have come from available 4 wheelers.
The only class that will allow things like the Hyubusa engine is the open sports car class,shame really cause i reckon we'd all use them.

Posted on: 2008/11/11 8:06

Just can't stay away
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
what about a b6 motor :D like the one im doing but its not the easiest and cheapest optioni looked into motors for a street able 1000 a while ago the ones i came up with where the cg13de (the later model one with coil pack ignition) 4age, 10a, g13b orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the a series

Posted on: 2008/11/11 9:35

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Im thinking steveo to use a T50 and develop the a12 a little further for boost or use a cg13 with a de-stroked crank for 1.170 or whatever the calculation is to stay in the under 2ltr class.
The cg13 is about 25-30kg lighter than an a14 also and its sand cast alloy not pressure die cast alloy so very thick alloy block like Feral mentioned in the past a mini-SR20De version.
In Japan and the states big hp is being made by these little beasts and many after-market parts now available.

Posted on: 2008/11/12 22:43

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]