Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Road tripping, wheres good??? advice needed
Home away from home
From Wamboin near ACT(canberra)
Group:
Registered Users
I have decided to do something that only a stupid 23yr old would do,I just finished my 4year apprenticeship andnn have taken 2 months of work and am hiring a decked out toyota hiace campervan for the 2 months. My plans are
Starting from canberra go down through cooma to victoria, through melbourne, along great ocean road, across to kangaroo island,then go up to NT to uluru and alice springs, then if i am doing good with time(probably not) go across the nullabor to albany bussleton esperance perth then back through kalgoorlie and back acroos the nullabor to canberra. Im right into photography so gotta do alot of that.
So what im after is all of your guys opinions as to places i shouldnt miss. Places you have been that are well worth the stop, and and highly recommended camp spots/caravan parks.
Thanks guys.
Ow and i depart on tuesday:)

Posted on: 2009/4/26 0:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Road tripping, wheres good??? advice needed
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From torquay, victoooooria, australia
Group:
Registered Users
right round the GOR thru vic is good, plenty of spotfor photos, theres also lots just inland from the GOR if you want waterfalls and stoof

if/when you're coming thru toruay give me a yell and i'll drag the datto out if the weathers good and we can go for a squirt round to lorne and back

Posted on: 2009/4/26 2:40

Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
If you decide to go to Kangaroo Island, you can do a penguin watching tour where you watch all the penguins come in from the ocean and waddle up the beach back to their nests. I would recommend that, I really enjoyed it.

Posted on: 2009/4/26 2:41

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Turn left at Melbourne...there's a lovely little place called Tasmania ;)

Posted on: 2009/4/26 2:53

From Rosewood, QLD
Group:
Registered Users
on you way back down to canberra you should swing by the mid north coast of nsw (taree/forster/harrington) there are beaches galore, rainforests, waterfalls, chicks, pubs, restaurants, camp grounds, fishing etc etc.

Posted on: 2009/4/26 4:17

From Mandurah, Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Esperence is a great spot for photos and some of the best beaches in WA. Its worth going out to Orleans Bay (Warton)which is east of Esperance. Its a fishing town with a caravan park and not much else. But a awesome beach and good spot. On the way back to Esperance climb Mt Le Grand.

Lived in Albany for 2 yrs and its OK but you need a 4WD. If you can getsomeone to take you out to West Cape Howe its worth it. The Gap and coastline out their is pretty good. And bits of the National park are accessable with a road car. The Gap out their in my opinion is better than the one in town but only accessable by 4WD

I have toured most of WA and the whole south coast of Aust. Any questions just ask.

Good on ya

Posted on: 2009/4/26 4:45

Guest_
tasmainia, where the hell is that,, only a canberian stuck in melbourne with a non regoed 1000 wagon would know

nice avatar too wurzel

GOR is good, you could go to grampains and bypass adelaide and head to the bight straight away.

Posted on: 2009/4/26 9:03

From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Everything that you put in your first post sounds great... but do you olan to have any time to get out of the car and see anything let alone photograph anything? Ditch the northern end and stick with the south if that's your starting game plan. The drive from south to north has inspired many people to stop travelling. Adelaide to Alice is approx 4000km.

The great Ocean Road is a must do for a road trip and you can drive it all the way to South Aust if you want. Then there's Halls Gap. Depends what you're into anyway. Adealide is a beautiful place and with NSW tags you'll be safe from the Vic haters. (which is about 75%)

Hanging Rock is a nice place too and if you are up for the Nerve test.... You will be able to photograph the crap coming out your pants.

Posted on: 2009/4/26 10:46

Home away from home
From Wamboin near ACT(canberra)
Group:
Registered Users
Well 70 days on the road, I just got home today, For anybody interested check out this link, just a few pics from the trip. I ended up travellng 18 000km. Canberra melbourne, adelaide alice springs, darwin then back across to queensland, and back down the coast
Was an amazing trip and for anybody who wants to do something crazy. Time of my life
heres the link anyway, have a look, wont hurtMy picture diary

Posted on: 2009/7/1 11:02

From Melbourne, Oz
Group:
Registered Users
Jumping round the nation huh!? HAHAHA! nice pic's!

Posted on: 2009/7/1 11:06

"choice from chris, drive harder than your mum... word."

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.