Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Dyno Time
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Mudgee NSW Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hi guys I made the trip to sydney and back yesterday spent 4 hrs on the dyno with the 1200. Im so happy I cant recomend unigroup engineering high enough. Power is down a little on what I was aiming for but!!! The datto has the fattest power curve Ive ever seen on a turbo motor The injectors are pretty well maxed out running 16psi. In 5th gear it made 135rwkw on stock boost-8psi.
Running 16psi its making just over 150rwkw at 3500rpm all the way to 7200rpm!!!
All dyno obviosly make different readings. For example at Croyden auto sport this setup made 190rwkw but only at a peak of 6500 and not much under 4000rpm.
I havnt driven the car yet but it pulls and sounds so strong I caint wait. All I need is some 600+cc injectors to run the boost up a bit to make some bigger numbers. Craig (convereted) can vouch for the grunt it was basically climbing out of the dyno with any more than 12psi wheelpsin on the dyno was a bit of a problem.
Ill post up the dyno graph once I have it. They also kept a log of all the different cam timing combinations we basically aimed for as much midrange with as much topend as possible.Thats what we got

Posted on: 2005/1/24 21:25

Re: Dyno Time
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Awesome man. Bring it on!

Can't wait for the "seat of the pants" test report.

Posted on: 2005/1/24 21:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Melbourne Vic
Group:
Registered Users
That figure definately doesn't sound high enough, but as you say... all dynos are different. usually they overestimate the power tho. I dunno what injectors you are runnin at the moment but i got a set of R32 GTR injectors (4) that you can have for $180. they need a standard clean and reco, which i got quoted as 30 bucks a pop.

Posted on: 2005/1/25 0:38

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Andrew
I was hoping you might divulge some info on camshafts??
Specifically, I was hoping you might be able to me what camshaft you are running. I am in the midst of choosing and would be curious to know what you are running to get that performance. If it is stock, then I will be a happy man.

Thanks
Michael

Posted on: 2005/1/25 1:56

Home away from home
From Perth
Group:
Registered Users
You motivated me to get mine booked in....so now I have booked in to visit Stew Wilkins for a dyno tune a week from Friday....now I'm nervous.....I hope the engine holds together!

Posted on: 2005/1/25 3:10

Group:
Registered Users
Chis Im stoked will be driving it next week when I pick it up just have to fit the harnesses PS: they can mod the cam angle (a real pain in the ass) ended up costing $180!! but you get that. A lot of stuffing about.
Micksute the camshafts are stock items with adjustable cam gears. I looked at aftermarket camshafts but for the $$$ I can run the car for a season (nearly) .
Lagwagon As for the low figure on the dyno I think its making as much if not more power than before (190rwkw @18psi) on lower boost. It has to be as we cranked the fuel pressure up a bit and the injectors are well over 90% duty.
Im using Supra 7mgte injectors they are rated at 430cc the gtr ones you have are only 440cc from memory. Ill stick with what I have as its making good power with a pretty low boost setting. Good for engine reliablity.When I feel the need for more spped Ill look into bigger squirters.
Datman I was very nervous too. Good luck with yours. I rebuilt the engine over a few nights (very late ) tired ect all was good except I had the cam timing out a bit. When it first fired it sounded like it had a huge set of cams . Now it idles like a baby and mega responsive a little loud if anything with the new exhuast.

Posted on: 2005/1/25 8:41

From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
andrew,can you give us (me) some contact details for unigroup,cause i need to talk to
someone about turboing my navara.i know someone with a standard sr20 turbo,i've got
the injection & exhaust manifold off a z18 turbo (plus an ancient microtech computer),but i need to discuss compression ratios,boost levels,intercooling,radiator,transmission,etc.
it's going to be used for towing the sunny,so
low down grunt is the aim.

Posted on: 2005/1/25 10:19
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

Group:
Registered Users
UNIGROUP ENGINEERING
Yavus is the guy to speek to they work there mainly after hrs and weekend its a second job for the guys. Nice blokes and not thieves very thorough with what they do.

Posted on: 2005/1/25 10:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]