Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: World Trade Center, NYC
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
I woke to here of the tragedy and couldn't believe the pictures I was looking at. It is a real shame that people carry out these attacks and more so that innocent people die
as a result. My families thoughts are with those people who are injured or worse and their families. I hope (know) the US response will be big and justified

Posted on: 2001/9/11 9:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: tacho question
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Funny I think how cars with large exhaust tips seem to rev harder or so their owners think. This is why you then need to buy a big tacho and you must have a shift light to tell
you when you hit 4000rpm or else you will blow the engine up. I also know that pro stock drag cars don't have pipes as big as some excels and swifts getting around.

Maybe the excel and swift drivers know something that drag racers don't

Posted on: 2001/9/11 10:05

Re: tacho question
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
But 4 inch flows better mate. My cousin told me.

Whatever makes them happy. It's their car :)

Chris.

Posted on: 2001/9/11 10:20

Quite a regular
From Houston,Texas. USA
Group:
Registered Users
I'm so angry,i think is time for actions,it has been enough of empty answers for acts like what happened today here in the United States.I can't have any simpaty for people and a country
that doesn't have any respect for a human life, can't have any simpaty for a country where kids of 6 years old already play with real guns and are teached at school about hating and killing
human beings. To me this is like rust in any part of your car body metal part, no matter how much sanding and filling you do in this area,sooner or later the rust will come back,if you want
to fix it right you cut the rusted piece and weld a new piece;the same apply in this case,i think is time to get in this country and eliminate this cancer.Yes i love peace, but i live
reality,we are talking about a country that since the begining of life hasn't done anything but fighting and killing;i think is time to get in there and if it needs to be a war, so be it. No
i don't have any simpaty for that 6 year old kid that is already learning how to kill and how to hate another human being (what will this kid be when he turns 18 or 20?,probably planing or
executing another coward act like what happened today.Like i said at the begining i'm very angry, but then again,i live the reality.Sometimes actions,drastic actions are the only solution.

Posted on: 2001/9/11 10:57

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Innocent people should never be involved in a war. Sounds alright, but doent work in pracice quijoteus.
In the last year america has put over 400 people to death. The civilian death toll from iraq and kuait from US and british bombs when reported by locals are phenonminal, 100s of
thousands. America prides itself as a world watch dog, but more often than not the wars are fought over $$$$ & oil. The first of these was the primary target of the terrorists, wall
street. The motive has not been aired, and responcibilty has not been claimed.
Bush labled the adversiry as a faceless coward. The US usually fights underneath blue berrae's. If the UN won't come to the party, NATO gets a call.
American bombs hardly ever stop falling on foreign soil. When belgrade gets hit... again, it makes a five minute appearence on the 6 oclock news.
The US has the power to stop the cycle of viloence with a JUST punishment, not an angry one. It also possesses the power to track and find the purpotrators. When they are found, whose
hand will be hovering over the big red button that could start the hollocaust?

food for thought
mely
mely

Posted on: 2001/9/12 1:39

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
FUCK....I CANT BELIEVE IT,,MY EX WIFE RANG ME TNITE, SHE CANT BELIEVE SHE CANT WATCH NEIGHBOURS,,,, SHE ASKED WHEN WILL THIS BE OVER,,, WHAT MENTALITY,,,, FUK,,, REALLY
SAD BUZZARD,,,, sorry 4 caps that how i feel,,, DATO POWER

Posted on: 2001/9/12 6:41

Home away from home
From Good Old Knockfull, Tennessee, USA
Group:
Registered Users
The Federal building in Oklahoma City was blown up by Americans, not foreign terrorist, in retaliation for the ATF burning the compound in WACO, TEXAS. That was to wake up America as to what
the Government is doing to the people. Don't forget that while the Datsun 1200 was being made in Japan, America was sending wave after wave of B52 bombers over Hanoi that killed close to two
million civilian people there. America put on that war so Texas could sell oil to the government. Just think how many millions of gallons of gas, oil, ect. that was sold to the government on
a daily basis. The president then, Johnson, was from Texas and the war started three months after he had Kenendy killed in Dallas, Texas. Add it up!!! The Warren Commission wrote the cover-up
and the head person on that investigation got paid back by being president without anyone ever voting for him, Gerald Ford. Still doing your math? America has asked for a kick in the jaw but
God Bless the people. I am over the political/religious kick, Long drive the 1200, Datto's still rule.

Mareo

Posted on: 2001/9/12 8:40

[OT] Re: World Trade Center, NYC
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Mareo,

The nuke boming of Japan was precipitated by WWII. Japan was forcibly expanding its empire in conjunction with Germany - comparing that to what happened yesterday is ridiculous.
Even the first bombing of Japan by conventional bombs was not unexpected - they were at war and their leaders were not surrendering.

Pres. Johnson had Kennedy killed? Vietnam war was for Texas? Wake America up to what the government is doing to its people? Last time I checked we're the ones VOTING them in
there.

Now there's guys jacking gas up to $5 gallon because there's going to be an "oil shortage". Damn, I didn't realize the WTC was drilling for oil. Unnecessary paranoia.

Having said that, if someone's in a country they don't like, I have a simple solution - MOVE. Me? I like it here and I'm stayin'.

Dave Lum
www.datsuns.com

Posted on: 2001/9/12 9:34

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Admitedly this event is something you don't see everyday, but it is interesting. Being in the civil engineering game, it is interesting to watch how the buildings handled the impacts
and the fires. Needless to say that the buildings did what they were designed to do but they were not designed for that kind of plane. Congratulations go to the engineers who did
take into account planes flying into the towers when it was being designed. Computers can only model so much, but this we can learn from and apply to other buildings.
Hope the US build another Empire State building as it holds the most construction records in the world.
Just taking a different view.

Posted on: 2001/9/12 5:07

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I agree about the structural aspect. I find it amazing that they withstood the impact, although seeing the size of the plane in relation to the building, you suddenly realise
how big those buildings were. I also find it amazing, the almost 'controlled-demolition' collapse of the buildings when they finally gave way. It certainly is sad, I'm talking
with customers already about recovering IT systems at alternate sites. It's eerie stuff.

Posted on: 2001/9/12 6:36

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.