The bonnet (hood) of the Datsun 1200 is a classic design: an elegant flat sheet with a strengthening ridge down the middle. You can use the ridge to aim it down the autobahn.
65100-H1000 1970-1971 ALL 65100-H1000 Van 1972 65100-H3100 Sedan, Coupe 1972
Opening the hood
NOTE: B10's prop rod was on the other side.
65100-H1000 PANEL ASS'Y-hood
It was used in Japan as the 1970-1971 bonnet for Japan Domestic Market cars (sedans and coupe).
GX 1200s used the same bonnet as STD, DX and GL 1200s.
For 1972 japan-market, a new style bonnet was used for all sedans & coupes, including STD, DX, GL and GX.
1972 JDM 1200 Sedans and Coupes used a hood with a distinctive chevron-shaped "power boss". Both STD and DX trims used this bonnet:
This is sometimes called the "GX Bonnet", but as can be seen in this factory brochure was fitted to non-GX 1200s like this GL.
- 65100-H3100 PANEL ASS'Y-hood
If there are any actually available, you'll want to verify it has that specific design, as Nisan may consider the original style a valid replacement part. Let us know what Nissan tells you.
VB110 Van (wagon) and B120 pickup (ute) continued to use the older plain bonnet.
The bonnect latch aka lock, is two pieces, plus the cable/control assembly
The original Datsun 1200 bonnet latch design was problematic, causing some damages for many owners. In the USA it was the subject of a recall, but owners in all countries may wish to know about this.
Secondary Hood Latch R2022
- campaign No. 72-0052, started April 6, 1972
- Vehicle: LB110
- affects: 86,429 vehicles
- serial number ranges:
- LB110-010069 to LB110-307359
- LB110-748404 to LB110-780283
- LB110-855585 to LB110-920156
- Correction or inspection action: Inspect latch. Use special gauge to determine misalignment. Adjust latch if necessary.
The newer design has a different shape to the latch and to the corresponding hole in the body. Either one can be misaligned and cause the bonnet to fly up if the bonnet is not completely shut.
RHD and LHD differ, being mirror images of each other. All other sunny models (B10, B210) differ.
NOTE: B5000 is Datsun 620 Pickup number. The newer parts are shared with 620.
- 65710-H1000 CABLE ASS'Y-HOOD LOCK (ALL sedan, coupe, pickup)
- 65601-A0600 MALE ASS'Y-hood lock
- 65601-A0601 MALE ASS'Y-hood lock
- 65601-H3100 MALE ASS'Y-hood lock (from '72-04)
- 65601-B5000 MALE ASSY-HOOD LOCK 7501- Pickup
- 65610-21000 FEMALE ASS'Y-hood lock control
- Same as B10 Datsun 1000
- 65610-U0102 FEMALE ASS'Y-hood lock control
- 65610-H3100 FEMALE ASS'Y-hood lock control (from '72-04) [ALL including pickup]
NOTE: B6400 is Datsun 620 Pickup export. The newer parts are shared with 620.
- 65710-H7000 ASSY-CONTROL HOOD LOCK WITH CABLE
- replaced 65710-H1600 ASSY-CONTROL HOOD LOCK WITH CABLE
- 65601-H7025 SET-LOCK,HOOD 0772-
- replaces 65601-H3525 SET-LOCK,HOOD 0472-
- 65601-A2200 ASSY-MALE HOOD LOCK
- 65601-A2201 ASSY-MALE HOOD LOCK 0472-
- 65601-H3500 ASSY-MALE HOOD LOCK 0472-
- 65601-H7000 ASSY-MALE HOOD LOCK 0772-
- 65601-B6400 ASSY-MALE HOOD LOCK 0772-
- 65610-H3500 ASSY-FEMALE HOOD LOCK 0472-
- new design
- 65610-U1702 ASSY-FEMALE HOOD LOCK 0472-
- replaces 65610-21400 ASSY-FEMALE HOOD LOCK
Instead of using the stock latch, you can use racing-style pins.
- Front edge chrome strip. See Grille Surround
- 66822-H1000 RUBBER-SEALING HOOD REAR
- 65433-H1000 Seal-hood Hinge B110, B210 $0.89
- 65514-H1000 65514-55W00 CLAMP-ROD,HOOD B110, B120, 620
- 62845-78500 RUBBER-RADIATOR CORE SUPPORTSIDE
- 65510-H1000 ROD-HOOD SUPPORT B110, 620 -7808
- 65512-H2500 GROMMET-HOOD SUPPORT ROD B110, 620
- 65514-H1000 CLAMP-ROD HOOD B110, B210
USA 1200s have these under-hood stickers
Body Panel Alignment